Partnerships for Trauma Recovery (PTR) joins the global movement to reduce the mental health gap by addressing the psychosocial impacts of trauma caused by war, torture, forced displacement, human trafficking, and persecution due to identity and beliefs.
We strive to narrow the gap by:
- Increasing the availability of culturally aware, trauma-informed, and linguistically accessible mental health services
- Reducing the factors that cause trauma with trauma-informed policy advocacy.
Our model is built on three complementary components:
- Mental Health Care for international survivors of human rights abuses
- Clinical Training for globally-minded clinicians
- Policy Advocacy for efforts aimed at reducing trauma